Ananya Panday is an Indian actress and the daughter of actor Chunky Panday. She is most famously known for her work in Bollywood films such as Student of the Year 2, Pati Patni Aur Woh, Khaali Peel, and Gehraiyaan. She received critical acclaim for her role as Shreya Randhawa in her debut film Student of the Year 2, which earned her a Filmfare Award and a Zee Cine Award. In 2020, she was voted no. 31 in The Times of India’s The Times Most Desirable Women. She has a huge online presence, in particular, on Instagram, where she has amassed over 23 million followers.
Ananya Panday Biography
October 30, 1998
23 years old
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Ananya is the oldest daughter of Indian parents Chunky Panday and Bhavna Panday. Her father is a renowned actor in Bollywood cinema and her mother is a costume designer. She has a younger sister named Rysa Panday. Her uncle Chikki Panday is a businessman and her grandfather Sharad Panday was a popular heart surgeon. He was a part of a team of doctors who successfully performed the first-ever heart transplantation in India.
Ananya attended Dhirubhai Ambani International School and then went to the University of California.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Ananya Panday Boyfriend/Partner
Ananya Panday is quite outspoken when it comes to her dating life. She was in a relationship with actor Ishaan Khatter from 2020 to 2022. They starred together in the film Khaali Peeli and began dating during the filming.
5 feet 7 inches or 170 cm
- Actors: Varun Dhawan, Ranveer Singh, Tom Hiddleston, and Leonardo DiCaprio
- Actresses: Kajol, Deepika Padukone, Emma Stone, Jennifer Lawrence, and Emma Watson
- Singers: Zayn Malik, Enrique Iglesias, Coldplay, Eminem, Michael Jackson, Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, Katy Perry, Drake, and Justin Bieber
- Bollywood Movies: Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998), 2 States (2014), Student of the Year (2012)
- Hollywood Movies: 50 First Dates (2004), Kung Fu Panda (2008), Tangled (2010), Harry Potter (2001-2011), The Notebook (2004), Scary Movie (2000), The Dark Knight Rises (2012), Titanic (1997), and A Walk To Remember (2002)
- TV shows: Castle, 90210, The Big Bang Theory, Keeping Up With The Kardashians on E, How I Met Your Mother, and Glee
- Favorite Books: ‘Divergent’ by Veronica Roth, ‘The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants’ by Ann Brashares, and ‘Diary of a Wimpy Kid’ by Jeff Kinney
- Travel Destinations: Las Vegas, New York, and London.
Ananya Panday launched her acting career in 2019 with the coming of age romantic film, Student of the Year 2, in which she played the role of Shreya Randhawa alongside Tiger Shroff and Tara Sutaria. For her performance in the film, she won several awards, including Filmfare Awards, Zee Cine Awards, and IIFA Awards.
She continued to star in major productions, playing Pooja Sharma in Maqbool Khan’s action film Khaali Peeli and Tia Khanna on Gehraiyaan.
Ananya Panday Facts
In 2017, she debuted at Vanity Fair’s Le Bal des débutantes event in Paris, for which she wore black and blue Jean Paul Gaultier couture.
In 2019, she was included in The Times of India’s The Times Most Desirable Women list, placed at No. 37, and also featured in the same list in 2020 as well, ranking at No. 31.
She is trained in Kathak, an Indian classical dance.
She has a pet dog named Fudge.
She is an avid reader.
In 2021, she landed herself in a controversy after she was connected to a famous drugs-on-cruise case that involved Shah Rukh Khan’s son Aryan Khan. She was questioned by the Narcotics Bureau apart from her Bandra’s house being raided by the agency in connection to the Whatsapp chat exchanged between the two, in which they talked about drugs.
In 2022, she starred as Tia Khanna in Shakun Batra’s Gehraiyaan, starring Deepika Padukone and Siddhant Chaturvedi.
Aside from acting credits, she has appeared in ad campaigns for brands such as Lakme, Esprit, Drool and Gillette Venus.