Sonam Kapoor is an acclaimed actress in Indian cinema, who predominantly appears in Bollywood films. She has several hits movies to her credits including Raanjhanaa, Sanju, Veere Di Wedding, and Neerja. Known for her outspoken personality in the Bollywood circle, she is one of the highest-paid actresses and Bollywood’s most fashionable celebrities.
She is also a celebrity endorser for brands and products. Besides being a brilliant student in school, she has also excelled in sports activities too. Kapoor is often seen playing rugby, basketball in school and she is a trained Kathak, classical music, and Latin dancer.
Sonam Kapoor Biography
Sonam Kapoor was born on the 9th of June 1985, in Chembur, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. She is currently 36 years old.
|Birth Name||Sonam Anil Kapoor|
|Date of Birth||June 9, 1985|
|Place of Birth||Chembur, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Age||36 years old|
|Residence||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
Family and Education
Sonam Kapoor is the oldest daughter of actor and producer Anil Kapoor and Sunita Kapoor, who is a former model and designer. She has two younger siblings – Rhea and Harshvardhan Kapoor, both are film producers. Her paternal cousins are actors Arjun Kapoor and Mohit Marwah, and her maternal second cousin is actor Ranveer Singh.
Sonam studied and graduated from Arya Vidya Mandir school in Juhu. She then enrolled at the United World College of South East Asia in Singapore where she studied Theatre and Arts. Kapoor obtained a degree in Economics and Political Science from the University of Mumbai through a distance program. She also attended the University of East London and graduated with a degree in Economics.
Sonam Kapoor Husband
Sonam Kapoor married her longtime boyfriend and businessman Anand Ahuja on May 9, 2018, in a traditional Sikh ceremony in Mumbai. On March 21, 2022, she announced on Instagram that she was expecting her first child with her husband.
Her past relationships include Sahir Berry, a businessman and model, and film director Punit Malhotra.
|Height||Feet – 5 feet 9.5 inches|
Centimeters – 177 cm
Meters – 1.7 m
|Weight||Kilograms – 57 kg|
Pounds – 126 lbs
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||9 (US)|
|Dress Size||6 (US)|
Sonam Kapoor made her on-screen debut with the 2007 Hindi film Saawariya for which he received a Filmfare Award nomination for the best female debut.
She had her first commercial success with the 2010 Hindi film I Hate Luv Storys.
She has featured on Koffee With Karan with actress Deepika Padukone.
L’Oreal cosmetics, Colgate, Electrolux, Lux, Mont Blanc, Oppo Mobile, Salvatore Ferragamo S.p.A. and Signature
- National Film Awards (Special Mention) – 2017.
- She is a great supporter of LGBT rights in India.
- Brand ambassador for the Elle Breast Cancer Campaign.
- Next Generation: Asia Class by The Hollywood Reporter in 2009 (First Indian actress to appear on the list).
- 100 most influential women on Twitter by The Huffington Post in 2015.
- Bollywood’s Best Dressed Actresses by Rediff.com in 2012 and 2013.
- Most Desirable Woman by Times of Indian in 2010, 2011 and 2012.
- World’s Sexiest Asian Women by UK magazine Eastern Eye from 2011 to 2014.
- Celebrity 100 List by Forbes Indian in 2012 and 2013
- Woman of the Year by the men’s magazine GQ India in 2013
- Indian ambassador for international cosmetics manufacturer L’Oréal.
Sonam Kapoor Net Worth
Her net worth is estimated to be $13 million dollars. She is one of the highest-paid actresses in Bollywood and is listed among the high-profile A-list actresses. Since her childhood, she lives a luxurious life.
Kapoor owns a BMW 7 Series Luxury Saloon, and an Audi Q7. Sonam lives in a luxury house along with her parents at 7th Road of the Ville Parle Scheme, in Juhu, Mumbai which is estimated to be worth Rs 25 crore.
- Food – Chaat
- Restaurants – Gajalee, Radio Club, The Pantry, Arya Bhavan, The Table, Hakkasan, in Mumbai; Bengal Sweet House, Parathewaali Galli (an Area), in Delhi; Angelina in Paris
- Book – Emma (By Jane Austen published in 1815), Atlas Shrugged (By Ayn Rand published in 1957)
- Movies – Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995), Virasat (1997), Lamhe (1991), Pukar (2000), Devdas (2002), Titanic (1997)
- Actors – Anil Kapoor, Akshay Kumar, Shah Rukh Khan, Leonardo DiCaprio, Ryan Gosling, Johnny Depp
- Actresses – Waheeda Rehman, Meena Kumari, Priyanka Chopra, Rani Mukerji, Madhuri Dixit, Monica Belluci, Monore Audrey
- Director – Sanjay Leela Bhansali
- Songs – Jab Koi Baat Bigad Jaye, Raat Kali Ek Khwab Mein Aaye
- Band – Red Hot Chilli Peppers
- Brands – Chanel, Jean Paul Gaultier, and Dior
- Holiday Destination – Rome, New York, Paris, London
- Color – White
- Author – Jane Austen
Social Media Portfolio
Sonam Kapoor Facts
She worked as a waitress in a Mexican Restaurant while she pursued theatre and arts in Singapore. But, she was fired after 4 days.
Sonam Kapoor worked as assistant director for the movie Black (2005) directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali before becoming a popular actress.
She used to be stout and weighed around 90 kgs and had to shed down 35 kg for her debut film.
Sonam wanted to become a director and writer, but Bhansali convinced her to do films and launched her in his first film, Saawariya. In fact, he waited around 1.5 years to cast her in films.
She can speak fluently in five languages – Hindi, English, Punjabi, Urdu, Sindhi, and Marathi.
She has been described by the media as a style icon for having a great sense of styling cues.
Kapoor has vowed that she would never be an actor.
Sonam Kapoor suffered acrophobia while she was a teen, she got over it by going skydiving in New Zealand.
Her first boyfriend was dutch.
She once had a tongue piercing but had to remove it for her debut film. Apart from that, she has two tattoos.